The world is constantly evolving and comes up with ever modern technologies in order to decrease the load on a man and simplify his work. A chatbot is one of the most important tools among them. Chatbot not only reduces labour cost but also give your customers a better experience.
People want their answers immediately. Everybody hates waiting. So using a “Live Chat” functionality using a “Bot” (called AI-powered chatbox) within your website can resolve your customer’s queries quickly and thus increase engagements and boosts conversions.
What Is A Chatbot?
A chatbot is an AI-based computer program that simulates human-like conversations with users via texts.
Chatbots are independent programs that can be plugged into your website or any of the messaging platforms such as Facebook Messenger, Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc.
A survey conducted by “Salesforce” in 2019 depicts the effectiveness of the use of chatbots. According to the data,
- 69% of customers like to use the chatbot to communicate with the company and resolve basic issues
- 35% of respondents believe that chatbots are more effective and convenient.
According to Business Insider forecasts,
- By 2020, 80% of companies will use chatbots
- By 2024, worldwide consumer retail spends via chatbots will reach 142USD billion up from just 2.8USD billion in 2019.
Advantages of using AI-powered chatbox in website development
- Reduce customer waiting time
- 24×7 availability
- Better customer engagement
- Save customer service costs
- Automate lead qualification & sales
Use Of AI-powered chatbox (Chatbots)
Chatbots are becoming a familiar feature on lots of websites. Chatbots are able to respond to a variety of customer inquiries with authentic information specifically tailored to the customer’s requirements. Also, chatbots offer the ability to personalize the user experience.
Chatbots as a Communication Tool
Customer communication is one of the essential factors for businesses to grow and achieve profitably. Chatbots can help to create a better engagement with their clients.
Previously, it took a lot of effort to reach out to the company. Either you called the company which is possible only on special hours or wrote an email to the company and wait for their response, which might take several hours or days. This is not suitable for emergency situations at all.
Chatbots can solve this pain by being 24/7 easily accessible & reply immediately, so customers do not get frustrated and get the response they want quickly.
Chatbots in Ecommerce Website
An eCommerce website has a large catalogue of products in different categories. Browsing through all the products can be challenging and time consuming for the customers. In this case, a chatbot can make it easier for them.
Also, a chatbot can help in building a relationship with your audience, improve customer service and even increase sales. You can provide 24/7 customer support without paying for a live person.
Chatbots can help you:
- Offer buyers product recommendations based on their interest
- Interact with old customers, including providing order details, tracking and return information
- Provide customer support
- Draw customers through the sales funnel automatically
- Collect feedback on the customer experience, etc.
Other use of Chatbots
Apart from above mentioned, chatbots can be used in various other industries like,
- Chatbots in the Library
- Chatbots in Hotels
- Chatbots for Medical Applications
- Chatbots in Real Estate
- Chatbots for Museums and Heritage Organisations
Although AI chatbots can’t replace humans fully till now, they can add lots of value to your customer support experience and reduces the labour cost. They can instantly engage users once they land on the website and thus increases the conversion rate.
Are you using a chatbot on your website? If not, give it a try. I am sure it won’t disappoint you.