When you plan to build a mobile application, this terminology will be murmured by the developers. Hybrid & Native Apps. Which one should I select? This completely depends on your business objectives and overall product goals. There are a variety of factors to consider while building a mobile hybrid or native app. Mobile applications have become the king of innovations in the current scenario of the pandemic situation. With an expanding smartphone market, many mobile app development company in Chennai has incorporated mobile apps amazing development. The common challenge faced by all companies is to decide on the type of application whether to build in Hybrid or Native App. It is essential to check out the below factors before creating a mobile application.
- Objective of Application
- Features to be included in App
- The budget allocated for the App
- The speed development of the App
- In-House development or any other
What is a native mobile application?
A native mobile application refers to the software developed to work on a specific mobile device and its operating system. The best example of Native mobile application is WhatsApp, Facebook. It is built using software development tools (SDK). The main advantage of using a native mobile application is most reliable when it comes to user experience. It also interacts with all device platform features such as contacts, microphone, camera, audio, etc. Let’s see some of the significant advantages and disadvantages of this native android application.
Advantages of Native Apps:
- It delivers the best performance and offers a wide range of functionalities since it leverages the potential of mobile devices
- It provides responsive and quick software responses while building the application
- It receives complete support from both the Android play store and the IOS app store.
- Native apps come with push notification functionality
- They are more interactive, intuitive and run smoothly
- It allows developers to access the full feature set of selected operating system
- It provides a user interface that matches the user experience of the operating system
- The quality of native apps can assure through rating provided by users
- Native apps work offline and also uses device notification
The disadvantage of Native Apps:
- Native apps cost high in terms of development, and you can run only on one platform, and it will not run on any other platforms
- Experienced developers only can handle the native apps, and it uses the difficult programming language
- It is not the best option for a simple mobile application
- A lot of time to spend on multiple fabrications in every feature update for different platforms.
What is a hybrid application?
Advantages of Hybrid Apps:
- It doesn’t need a web browser like web apps.
- It has access to a device internal API and hardware
- It requires only one codebase to manage
- Hybrid app developers are less expensive than native app developers
- Hybrid apps are more comfortable to scale to another platform.
- Hybrid apps can be developed at a faster pace and involver lesser maintenance costs
- The distribution is so easy, and it can be found in the App store.
Disadvantages of Hybrid Apps:
- Graphics are less accustomed to OS when compared to native apps
- They are slower compared to native apps
- They need an uninterrupted network connection to work to their full potential.
- Hybrid mobile apps depend on plugins to access the inbuilt feature of a mobile device.
- Performance is the most significant disadvantage of hybrid apps.
There are clear and distinct pros and cons for both hybrid and native approaches. To make the best choice, it is essential to understand the differences and each other’s strengths and weaknesses. The decision should completely depend on your needs and budget.