Have you ever noticed how quickly you identify a brand by simply looking at its logo? Well, that’s the power of a logo. A logo is an integral part of branding and its one of the first things you notice. It is the face of a brand and an effective way of communicating with the customers.
Therefore, it’s important to have an appropriate and distinctive logo. Designing a logo is not an abstract work of art; it is a logically planned, well-researched activity.
We at Domaincer, do an extensive research and requirement gathering. Our aim is to understand what the client wants and more importantly needs. After in-depth research, our first task is to Sketch the ideas.
It is the first step in the process of designing a logo. The purpose of sketching is to ideate and explore the concept and arrive at multiple options. We use sketching for multiple purposes like:
- Brainstorm and come up with great ideas.
- Do a feasibility analysis.
- Eliminate basic functional errors.
- Validate our ideas in a fail-fast manner.
If you research the process behind the creation of some of the iconic logos of all times, you’ll find that all of them began with a simple sketch which was modified to meet the client’s need. Behind every timeless logo, there’s a ton of brainstorming, sketching, and refining.
Another technique we use to design a winning logo is mind mapping.
Mind-Mapping is a process of brainstorming and generating ideas. A mind-map is a convoluted mesh of ideas, thoughts, words, pictures and everything else originating from a central concept in the form of a diagram. Let us list down the benefits of mind-mapping:
- It helps our designers organize their ideas and thoughts.
- Mind mapping can help answer all the relevant questions and establish correlations among them.
- Mind mapping often leads to the discovery and realization of newer aspects of an idea.
The most important thing for us is to understand what, our clients want, mind mapping gives us the answer to all the questions like:
- The motto of the organization, business or brand.
- Who is the target audience?
- The Mission and vision of the organization.
- The essence of products or services.
No design is complete unless it is aesthetically pleasing. A good design should be both functional and aesthetically superior. We incorporate that x-factor in any design using the Golden ratio.
Golden ratio or ‘Divine ratio’ as it is popularly known is a mathematical concept that is omnipresent in our universe. The golden ratio is present in nature, science, anatomy, sound waves, colour and everything else.
The use of the golden ratio in design produces aesthetically pleasing and natural outcomes. It is because of this feature that golden-ratio was used in all the great works of art like:
- Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
- Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa
- The Pyramids in Giza
- Parthenon in Athens
Several iconic logo designs like the Pepsi logo and the Twitter logo are also based on the Golden ratio. Even human anatomy follows the golden ratio. Our aim is to produce an organic and aesthetic design that we as humans are auto-wired to prefer.
Another important element we use in our logo design is Vector graphics. It is one of the most widely used design elements.
A vector file is basically a small, scalable, and editable image. A vector file gives the designer the ability to resize and rescale the logo. Each object in a vector image is defined by a mathematical equation, rather than pixels, rendering the highest quality possible.
Vector graphics are generally used in designing logos, icons, and emblems. Let us see the advantages of vector format:
- Vector images are easy to edit. The image is split further into natural shapes that can be modified without
compromising on quality.
- Vector images consume very less disk space.
- Vector images can easily adapt to the resolution of your screen to make sure that the end product is of the
- It’s easy to convert vector files into JPG and PNG formats.
These were some of the fundamentals of our design process. We put together all of these elements to produce an exquisite piece of art called the logo. We at Domaincer, believe that quality is paramount. With our best-in-class designers, we design the most innovative and unforgettable logos for our clients.